My Favorite cake with Apples and Amaretti…
This delicious apple and amaretti cake recipe is really exceptional! and it is just one of many cakes’ recipes with amaretti biscuits that I love making at home. Amaretti are particular small biscuits from Italy; they are made from almonds, egg whites and sugar, and can be dry or soft. Amaretti are a bit bitter and are great when used with liquors, such as rum, and also if you eat them with Italian gelato🙂
A surprising apple and amaretti cake recipe from Tuscany
This is one of the best cakes I’ve ever made and I recommend it! the combination of apples and amaretti (almond dry biscuits) has come out great! It came unexpected! This fantastic Apple and Amaretti Cake Recipe comes from my grandmother’s recipes.
Ingredients needed for the cake
- 200 gr of soft butter
- 200 gr of sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- a pinch of salt
- 300 gr of flour
- 1 baking powder sachet (16 gr)
- 150 gr of crumbled amaretti biscuits (dry)
- 3-4 diced apples
- 4 tablespoons of rum
How to make the cake with Apple and Amaretti
1. First, chop the amaretti biscuits and wet them with the 5 tablespoons of rum liqueur and set aside
2. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes (to prevent them from turning black , I suggest you bathe them with some lemon juice)
3. Put the sugar in the mixer and turn, add the butter and blend, so add the eggs, the flour, the baking powder and lemon zest
4. Take the pastry away from the mixer and put it in a bowl, adding the amaretti and the apples in pieces, blend well.
5. Put the pastry in a baking pan and bake in the oven at 180 °C (356 °F) for 35 minutes.
6. Let it cool before cutting it as it is very crumbly.
*For Rum lovers :-)*
Is a spoon a teaspoon, a table spoon? Does this take any apple? How many grams of diced apple? And can you mix different varieties? Thank you!
Ciao Lois 🙂 It’s 4 spoons of rum, not teaspoons. You can choose the types of apples you most like, and as for the grams of diced apple, just take 3 or 4 medium apples, for a more soft result, use 4 apples:-)
Is a spoon a teaspoon ,a dessert spoon or a table spoon as used on UK 😱
Would be helpful to know how much you are talking about when you say a Spoonful ?
Ciao 🙂 thanks for coming here and for asking! a spoon is a tablespoon, sorry! I’ve just corrected it also on the recipe.
Let me know how about the cake! For rum lovers of course 🙂 ciao from Florence, elena
Hi. What size of tin for the cake? I have a 22cm loose bottom tin. Would that affect the cooking time?
Ciao Pam 🙂 your 22cm loose bottom tin will be ok. It should not affect the cooking time, but much depends from the oven,
let me know and have a nice Sunday! elena