This apple pie with amaretti biscuits is really exceptional!
One of the best I’ve ever made and I recommend it highly: the combination of apples and amaretti (macaroons) has come out great! It came unexpected! This fantastic Apple and Amaretti Cake Recipe comes from my grandmother’s recipes.
Try it… it will not disappoint you!
What else can I tell you? From the photo you can only imagine its taste and its wonderful smell ..
Ingredients needed for the cake with apple and amaretti
- 200 gr of soft butter
- 200 gr of sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- a pinch of salt
- 300 gr of flour
- 1 baking powder sachet (16 gr)
- 150 gr of crumbled amaretti biscuits (dry)
- 3-4 diced apples
- 4 spoons of rum
How to make the Apple and Amaretti Cake
1. First, chop the amaretti biscuits and wet them with the 5 spoons of rum liqueur and set aside
2. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes (to prevent them from turning black , I suggest you bathe them with some lemon juice)
3. Put the sugar in the mixer and turn, add the butter and blend, so add the eggs, the flour, the baking powder and lemon zest
4. Take the pastry away from the mixer and put it in a bowl, adding the amaretti and the apples in pieces, blend well.
5. Put the pastry in a baking pan and bake in the oven at 180 °C (356 °F) for 35 minutes.
6. Let it cool before cutting it as it is very crumbly.