Honeymoon Vacation in Tuscany
I am hoping you can help me have the honeymoon of my dreams! Here is our itinerary: (we start in Milan, with a day trip to Lugano and Como, then to Venice). Below is our day 4 itinerary
Day 4: Venice – Pisa 18 Sept (Fri)
VENICE – FLORENCE/ TUSCANY
– Venezia S. Lucia Train station to Pisa Centrale (leaving 11:25/12:35 arriving 3 or 4pm) = $128
– Taxi from Pisa Central to Leaning Tower ($xxx) and back ($xxx)
– Pisa Centrale to Firenze S M Novella (1, $10 each, leaving 6:30 arriving 7:30)
Hotel in Florence
Hotel Home (5 km from the train station)
Taxi Fare: $xxx
Day 5: Florence – Tuscany 19 Sept (Sat)
Half day tour of Florence (9-12)
Florence – Siena, Tuscany by rented car (1pm) – preferably Fiat 500. We want to rent it all throughout our stay in Tuscany for 3 days
no firm itinerary here but here are my thoughts:
– I want to book a villa in Tuscany. We are tentatively booked at Villa Parri Residenza D’epoca. Is this a good place? We live in Dubai and i want a villa where in the morning I get a view of the breathtaking rolling hills and vineyards and olive trees. If you have a better suggestion please let me know!
– We want to rent a Ferrari for 1 hour and drive. Is this better done in amalfi?
– We want to ride a bike, to see the picturesque towns of Tuscany. Is this feasible? Or should be do it in Florence? I am trying to get pregnant so I don’t want to exert so much effort. Maybe a 2 hr easy bike ride? (if there is such a thing)
– There is a Fiat 500 tour in viator where you and a small group could self drive around Tuscany. Small groups are nice. I am half half with this. Your suggestion is welcome
– We want to try some michelin-star restos where we can sample Tuscan food and wine. I read about Enoteca Pinchiorri. Is it worth it? How about Arnolfo? Any suggestions with pictures?
– We want to have an itinerary for all the nice towns in Tuscany. Would like to hear your suggestions (which towns to go first, sight to see, where to eat, activities to do for couples)
– finally, we want to hire a vacation photographer for Tuscany. Do you know anyone who could shoot us? Which place you recommend?
I hope I did not overwhelm you with all my questions. Can’t wait to hear from you!
thanks a lot for getting in touch and sorry for my delay! Hope it’s not too late.
I’m glad to give some help for the honeymoon of your dreams in Tuscany 🙂
Milan, Como, Lugano, and Venice is a very good start!
– As for a villa in Tuscany, I think Villa Parri is a beautiful villa. The area of Pistoia is fascinating, but I honestly would choose another location, more convenient to visit the most beautiful sights of Tuscany. A good option maybe Villa Medicea Di Lilliano in Chianti, Villa Bordoni still in Chianti, or Borgo Stomennano in Monteriggioni near Siena.
– I would rent the Ferrari in Tuscany, driving is more pleasing here. The roads at Amalfi are very scenic but actually incredibly narrow to drive with a Ferrari!
– Riding a bike to admire Tuscan villages can be a great idea. Of course the countryside is hilly and all curves, for long rides it can be quite stressing.
– I would do the Fiat 500 tour in Viator!
– Both Enoteca Pinchiorri and Arnolfo are great options I recommend! And here is a full list of restaurants I recommend in Florence.
– Tuscany is the place where are the most beautiful medieval towns of Italy. I would certainly not miss San Gimignano and its scenic towers, Monteriggioni and its bastions, Pienza and its great food and views. Among the largest Tuscan art towns, in addition to Florence, do visit the beautiful Siena.
Here you can find a list of the most amazing villages in Tuscany and here the most popular sights to see. For activities to join in Tuscany, here I make a long list, take a look.
– Unfortunately I’m not able to help you with the photographer. In addition to Florence itself, the countryside of the Val d’Orcia Natural Park and its many enchanting villages would be the right place to be. For honeymooners I often recommend the amazing Castle of Velona near Montalcino.
Feel free to ask any other question and let me know about your vacation,
Have a nice day,