This is another easy and tasty ciambella recipe, a bit different from my other recipe to make the ciambella. It is one of those cakes you can prepare at the last moment with few simple and genuine ingredients. Everyone likes this classic cake; great with coffee or tea!
I’m used to prepare the ciambella quite often at home, as it is perfect for breakfast and keeps well for some days. It’s great also for children, but I suggest you use only fresh and quality products, better if organic. And here is my ciambella!
Ingredients for the Ciambella Cake
- 250 gr of flour, type 00
- 50 gr of potato starch to make the cake soft
- 150 ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr of sugar
- 100 gr of soft butter
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 gr)
- 1 sachet of vanillin
How to make the Ciambella recipe
1. Mix the sugar with the eggs very well until they come foamy
2. Add the soft butter and add the flour slowly while continuing to blend
3. Add the vanillin, the baking powder, and the pinch of salt, mixing well
4. Cook the ciambella in the oven at 180 c for about 30-35 minutes
That’s all! A very easy and quick preparation.
Tips and ideas for your Ciambella:
- Instead of vanillin you can use the peel of 1 lemon or even of an orange.
- You can add to the pastry for the ciambella some chocolate chips, or some raisins in alternative, they will make the cake even more savory.
- Use a proper baking pan with a hole in the middle to make ciambella, and once the cake is cool, turn it upside down and put on a dish! Your Ciambella will also look fantastic